|Monte Mason - Redfield, SD
- Competitive powerlifter for the past 33 years.
- SD state champion 25+ years; also numerous best lifter awards.
- National Powerlifting Champion 1981.
- National Collegiate runner-up 1977 and 1978.
- ADFPA National Champion 1986, runner-up twice, third-place finish once.
- National Masters’ runner-up 2005 and 2007.
- State record holder in 123-, 132-, 148-, and 165-pound weight classes.
- Fourteen state records in the masters’ division.
- Four state records in the sub-masters’ division.
- Eight state records in the men’s open division.
- SD AAU Athlete of the Year in 1978.
- SDSU Weightlifting Club president and meet director 1979-80.
- South Dakota’s first ADFPA State Chairman.
- State certified powerlifting referee.
- High school powerlifting coach at Lake Preston High School and Groton High School
Education and Career:
- Outstanding Greek at SDSU – 1980
- Outstanding AGR alumnus – 1982
- Outstanding Young Member – Nat’l. Vocational Ag Teachers’ Ass’n. – 1986
- Distinguished Service Award – SD FFA Association – 1995
- Honorary FFA State Farmer Degree – 1986
- B.S. in Agricultural Education, SDSU 1980
- High School Vocational Agricultural instructor – Lake Preston, SD 1980 – 1982 & Groton, SD 1982-1990
- Ag Banking Officer- Norwest Bank 1990 – 2001
- Community Bank President – Wells Fargo Bank 2001 – present
- Chamber of Commerce member – Redfield, SD
- Redfield Development Corporation – past president, board member
- Community Memorial Hospital –Secretary and board member 2001 – present
- St. Bernard Catholic Church parish council – past president and board member
- Redfield Kiwanis – past president
- SDSU Alumni Board of Directors – vice president and board member
- State FFA Foundation – past officer and board member
- Redfield High School Foundation – founding board member
- Established FFA Alumni Association chapters in Lake Preston and Groton, SD
- Coordinator for SDSU Alumni Golf Outing 2001 - present